Eyvind Hellstrøm (born December 2, 1948 in Moss, Norway) is a chef and formerly the part owner of Bagatelle restaurant, a two-Michelin-starred restaurant in the city of Oslo. He was the president of the 2008 Bocuse d’Or Europe, is frequently a judge at the Bocuse d’Or world finals, and was himself a competition candidate in 1989, placing fifth.
Photo Johnny Leo Johansen(c)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 6 (4 ounce) fillets trout
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- In a small bowl, mix together paprika, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, cumin, black pepper, white pepper, thyme and salt; set aside. Heat a heavy cast iron pan on high heat until extremely hot, about 10 minutes.
- Pour 3/4 cup melted butter into a shallow dish. Dip each fillet into butter, turning once to coat both sides. Sprinkle both sides of fillets with spice mixture, and gently pat mixture onto fish.
- Place fillets into hot pan without crowding. Carefully pour about 1 teaspoon melted butter over each fillet. Cook until fish has a charred appearance, about 2 minutes. Turn fillets, spoon 1 teaspoon melted butter over each, and cook until charred. Repeat with remaining fish.